Artist Statement

My artwork reflects my aesthetic values, which have remained constant since my childhood. I adore clean lines, order, and balance. I have a passion for design and style because I firmly believe that they have powerful effects on people’s moods. If a piece is pleasing to the eye, it has the power to create calm emotions within the viewer and bring him a smidgen of happiness. I feel that the more beautiful an environment, the more contented the people who inhabit it will be.

My favorite type of artwork to create is jewelry. Oftentimes jewelry is overshadowed by clothing, but I believe that it can be equally outstanding and shockingly beautiful. I enjoy working with bright and pure materials, such as gleaming silver and large, vivid gemstones. My pieces are also inspired by the curves of the human body and I like to create pieces that will cover the joints and extend outward from the body, similar to armor. I strive to create striking pieces, which are still attractive and wearable.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Oh Iris! Jewelry Collection

Inspired by Egypt (Osiris) and Art Deco floral motifs (Iris)
Osiris + Iris = Oh Iris!












No comments:

Post a Comment